Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cataract

A cataract is a condition of the eye wherein there is opacity of the lens which causes blurring of vision. Cataracts may be congenital, metabolic (e.g. secondary to diabetes melitus), injury to the lens (either direct or indirect), prolonged exposure to ionizing radiation or infrared rays, or may be due to old age (i.e. senile cataract) which is the most common. It has different types such as nuclear sclerotic cataract, posterior subcapsular cataract, Brunescent cataract, and cortical cataract. Treatment is surgical, which is done either by phacoemulsification (using an ultrasound probe in breaking up the cataract) or extracapsular cataract extraction (ECCE).


There were times I get annoyed by difficult people in my workplace - unreasonable resident doctors, demanding nurses, inneficient co-interns. When I encounter such persons I tend to harness some sort of hostility towards them.

But little did I know that, sometimes, other people also felt the same way towards me.

There were times I'm the one being unreasonable.

There were occasions I demanded a lot from other people.

There were a lot of times I'm guilty of being inneficient.

I easily see the fault in other people but I don't recognize my own shortcomings. Now I realize before I try to correct other people, I have to address my own mistakes first.



"Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but pay no attention to the log in your own eye."
Luke 6:41, TEV

No comments:

I want to know more about...

FREE iSTETHOSCOPE newsletter straight to your email! Sign up now!

Name
Email

You get PAID while viewing their websites! Click here to know how!